Views
Helpful
Replies

SSC client and Windows 7

mperaro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

I want to install cisco ssc client (ver 5.1) on a laptop with windows 7 (64 bit) but I see the install file only for Vista (32 and 64 bit).

Is there a roadmap for windows 7 support?

Can I install the "Vista version" on my laptop without any kind of issue?

Thanks a lot.

Michel

1 Reply 1

ethier
Level 1
Level 1

I am also interested in SSC 5.1.0.60 on Windows 7 (64 bit).  I have tried many times to install this, but have not been successful.  One of our guys has it working on his laptop running Windows 7 64-bit and it just installed without a problem.  I just have not been that lucky.  I keep checking to see if an install for Win 7 will show up.

I can tell you this:

When I attempt the install I get to the point where it begins to write the files out, but never actually writes a single file.  I have tried creating the folders manually and installing to a single folder on the root of my c drive.  In the Device Manager I see 4 'msi installers' running and they will occasionally use CPU, but for the most part they just kind of sit there doing nothing.  On the other hand my hard drive shows heavy access.  I have left the installer running for about an hour to see if it would eventually get the job done, but no such luck.

I know it will install on Win 7 64-bit, but there may not have been much installed on the laptop at the time.  I will probably set up a test PC sometime soon to see if I can get it to go on a machine with very little software on it.

If anyone else knows the secret - please share.

Thanks.

Mike

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card