Views
Helpful
Replies

SSO ISSUE - GUEST SSID WEB LOGIN - "HTTP 404 PAGE NOT FOUND"

thasleem27
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I have two WLC 5508 running on code 8.2. Recently we configured one as HA Secondary WLC.

After this.. even when the Primary WLC is acting as primary when the users connect to Guest SSID, it redirect to the web browser page but with an error "http 404 page not found"

I have a customized web login page on primary and on the secondary it is default cisco login page.

Page works fine without HA , but when it is on HA on both WLC when user connect ; it gives the error. I know that the pages doesn't get sync on HA, we need to break HA and copy the page on Secondary WLC, but atleast the default page of Cisco should appear in this case right.

Anyone had this similar kind of issue here? any resolution?

Thanks,

Thasleem

1 Reply 1

b.oberle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Thasleem

I'm facing the same situation - after a SSO failover to the secondary unit the landing-page didn't work anymore.

you wrote "I know that the pages doesn't get sync on HA, we need to break HA and copy the page on Secondary WLC"

where did you learn this ? the Cisco "High Availability (SSO) Deployment Guide" and other documents don't specify such a restriction.

I searched quite a lot to find the appropriate info but failed ...

Are you sure about this fact ? This would be a pain

best regards,

Bernd

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: