Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch AP between WLC without reset

xsturma01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

is there any possibility how to switch AP from WLC1 to WLC2 without reset? Currently I have to change settings in HA and then perform a reset.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The AP should not reset if you have everything properly set.  Code version, mobility group enabled and up, wlan's, AP group settings, FlexConnect Group settings all should be the same if being used.

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

It does not reset, when it migrates "by itself", but is there any way how to force AP to change WLC without reset? Or when I change HA, should I just "wait" until it switch controller by itself?

----- edit -----

I tied it now, and there is no need for reset, my fault.. There is just need to wait 10seconds before it migrates..:-)

Thanks for your advices..:-)

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

If the HA is configured, then as per HA algo, when WLC1 is down , APs should automatically switch over to WLC2, without service disruption ( no reset ).

But what if I want to switch AP from WLC1 to WLC2 manually? Without putting WLC1 down..?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card