cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Too Many Concurrent AP Image Downloads

jvasilko
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new 5508 controller running 7.0.235.3 code in a lab setting, so currently there are no APs associated to it.  I am trying to get a 3502 AP to join this controller.  I configured the AP with the controller IP address and put it on the same subnet as the controller.  The AP will boot, then gets to the point where is is trying to translate capwap-cisco-controller.domain.  It seems to time out, then go through the whole process again.  I checked the AP join statistics on the controller and it sees the AP try to join, but fails with the 'Too Many Concurrent AP Image Downloads' message.  Since this is the only AP attempting to make a connection, I know this message is errant.

Any issues anyone is aware of or possibly a setting I overlooked?           

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Erwin Salazar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So this error can be a little misleading.  Is the license or eval license activated and in use to allow APs to join?  If your number of supported APs is 0 often times I see this error.  You can verify this by going into the Monitor section in the Web GUI and it will tell you how many Access Points are supported above the controller picture

Cheers, Erwin ______________________________________ How helpful was I? Don't forget to rate me when you have the chance!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Erwin Salazar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So this error can be a little misleading.  Is the license or eval license activated and in use to allow APs to join?  If your number of supported APs is 0 often times I see this error.  You can verify this by going into the Monitor section in the Web GUI and it will tell you how many Access Points are supported above the controller picture

Cheers, Erwin ______________________________________ How helpful was I? Don't forget to rate me when you have the chance!

Thanks for the hedas up....I am not sure why this controller has a 0 APs Supported situation as this controller was in service once before.  This specific controller should have a 100 AP license, do you know how I go about getting this license since all of my other 30 controllers come from the factory with the license already installed.

Ideally the permanent license should remain on the controller, unless it was transferred off to another controller.  If you navigate to Management > Software Activation > Licenses, do you not see your permanent 100 count license there?

No, the 100 AP count license is not listed.  I am working with the customer to get the license issue resolved, in the mean time, the temp license will get me through the testing I need to do.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post the following command output:

1.  WLC:  sh sysinfo;

2.  WLC:  sh time;

3.  AP:  sh version;

4.  AP:  sh inventory; and

5.  AP:  sh ip interface brief

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card