Views
Helpful
Replies

Trace Switchport Failure

john.judge
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've uploaded a file for my switches, but I'm still getting a "switch port trace failed" message. When I take a look at the log file, I see the traces on my switches and the results. However, I see a lot of "SNMP credentials are no available for this node [x.x.x.x]. Skipping...". Most are these are our AP's.

Does this use CDP? If so, does it only try to trace switches or does it attempt to look at all Cisco gear?

How should I proceed?

Thank you.

-John

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

The optional WLAN features on Cisco 870 Series and 850 Series routers incorporate access, security, and wireless in a single device for the small office. Only wireless features relevant to environments that require a single access point are supported. These routers do not support bridging or repeater functionality. The integrated access points in the Cisco integrated services routers do not support the Light Weight Access Point Protocol (LWAPP) and therefore are not supported by the Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers nor the Cisco Wireless Controller System (WCS).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/800/850/software/configuration/guide/wireless.html

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card