Views
Helpful
Replies

Traceback error on 2504 WLC

vinod rathore
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Friends,

Since a month i'm observing that 2504 WLC is reporting traceback error. (log file is attached)

Today 18-May-2015 at 12:39PM IST following things occurred -

• All SSIDs were disappeared
  • System LED was amber
  • Till the time i could plug the console to check what happened i found WLC is rebooting.
  • After reboot all is fine so far. (except traceback errors)

Based on attached logs can we find the RCA whether the root cause was traceback errors or something else ?

I searched for bugs and known fixes but nothing found related to traceback errors what i attached in file here.

Thanks in advance.........

6 Replies 6

vinod rathore
Level 1
Level 1

At 12:39 this msg is been reported for all APs, It looks like below msg triggered reboot but what caused this msg to be triggered ?

*spamApTask5: May 18 12:39:58.141: #LWAPP-3-VALIDATE_ERR: spam_lrad.c:10766 Validation of SPAM_VENDOR_SPECIFIC_PAYLOAD failed - AP  24:b6:57:35:50:60

If your running v8.0 and your using WebAuth and or ACL's, then you need to open a TAC case and obtains the esc image v8.0.110.11.  The 2504's with v8.0 and silent crashes is an issue with the other versions of 8.0. 

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks for quick response.

No, it's v7.6.120.0 and i'm not using WebAuth or ACL.

Few other WLCs are also on same software version but none of them are reporting such error.

Should i upgrade it to v8.0.110.0 or later ?

I would stay away from v8.x right now.  You should use v7.6.130.0 and also make sure the FUS 1.9.0.0 has been uploaded. The FUS takes around 40-45 minutes to complete, so make sure you read the release notes.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/fus_rn_OL-31390-01.html

-Scott

-Scott

Got it, I'll plan upgrade probably to this weekend and update you whether traceback disappears or not.

Do you believe these traceback errors caused all other alerts and finally WLC rebooted ?

Could be many things to be honest.  You can review the open caveats, but the thing I learn is to find a good match that is stable.  WLC type with what code and features.  Now using a stable code of course can help, but if it's the WLC that is going bad, then that's another issue. Upgrade to v7.6.130.0 and reboot, then upload the FUS 1.9.0.0 and reboot.  If you already upgraded the FUS, then you don't need to do that again. 

-Scott

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card