Views
Helpful
Replies

Transmit Power on WLC for APs

alkei
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we have installed many Cisco APs? In dem floor map I can see that many APs send with low transmit power. The users complain about low signal strenght. Where can I see the transmit power on the WLC gui and how can I change the transmit power only on one AP.

4 Replies 4

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Normally RRM automatically assign the power level for APs but you can also set it statically.

Go to Wireless > 802.11a/n/ac or 802.11b/g/n >RRM >TPC and here you set fixed power levels.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Is this a global Configuration for all APs? I will change the Transmit power only on the AP wich has low transmit power.

yes it is global config..

But you can also manually change on each AP as well.

Go to Wireless > Access Points > Radios > (802.11a/n/ac or 802.11b/g/n > Click on Blue drop down arrow far right , here you can change the Tx Power of each AP by using Custom method.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Depending on the number of AP's and their physical location it is usually better to create RF-Profiles and group the AP's logically. That way you are not relying on the global only power settings.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card