Views
Helpful
Replies

Trap snmp and WLC 8.0

vincent.chouet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm finding a configuration Guide to ocnfigure Cisco WLC to send SNMP traps to Kiwi Syslog which then converts and forwards the messages through syslog protocol to Palo Alto Networks syslog receiver.

The authentication is ok with the radius server.

The WLC send trap to the Kiwi Syslog but the ipaddress of the client user don't appear in the trap

In menu Management\Trap controls\client, all the choice are selected

Can you help me ?

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

ali aqrabawi
Level 3
Level 3

what kind of radius authentication ? is it 802.1x ? or web auth PAP ?

if its 802.1x authentication , then its normal that you can not see the client ip address , as the 802.1x is L2 authentication method , so this authentication comes before the client get ip address , 

so it's normal that the auth trap does not have client ip address, since the client still not obtained the ip address .  

View solution in original post

you can configure SNMP reciver on the WLC , if you go to WLC GUI --> management --> SNMP-->SNMP control , there you can configure which traps to be sent to the SNMP server . 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ali aqrabawi
Level 3
Level 3

what kind of radius authentication ? is it 802.1x ? or web auth PAP ?

if its 802.1x authentication , then its normal that you can not see the client ip address , as the 802.1x is L2 authentication method , so this authentication comes before the client get ip address , 

so it's normal that the auth trap does not have client ip address, since the client still not obtained the ip address .  

Thank you very much !

Indeed it is obvious ...
I use 802.1x
In the log menu traps these parameters appear correctly. Is it not possible to send them to syslog or trap snmp?

Or, do you think there is an other solution ?

Again thank you very much.

you can configure SNMP reciver on the WLC , if you go to WLC GUI --> management --> SNMP-->SNMP control , there you can configure which traps to be sent to the SNMP server . 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card