Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to manage WLC using wired connection

Hi all,

I am currently able to manage my WLC AIR-CT3504 using wireless connection but not able to do so using wired connection even though i have ensured that i am using the same ip. I can ping the wlc ip but cannot access it when on wired connection.

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- What management method are you trying  , CLI or GUI , for each case post error returned. (?)

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Both CLI and GUI. I can access the WLC when on a wireless connection but not when on wired connection

- What is the error or errors returned for each method ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

The error that i received when trying to access the wlc via ssh is " Network error: Connection timed out"

I also receive a Connection timed-out error when trying to access the wlc via GUI.

I can access the wlc via wireless without any issues but i can't access it via wired connection 

- Check the network-path between the client and the controller (e.g. ping) , make sure not intermediate devices are blocking the needed connectivity

M.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If your wired ip is on one of the configured dynamic interfaces on your controller?  If so, that is blocked unless you enable it.

config network mgmt-via-dynamic-interface enable

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card