Views
Helpful
Replies

Universal Bridge

NAVIN PARWAL
Level 2
Level 2

Folks,

I am testing the Universal briodge feature. When I configure two access points (root/wgb) everything works fine. When I go to the WGB and add the universal command. I get the message that since no clients are associated it will use BVI interface mac address to associate. But, The WGB does not register with the root anymore. When I place it back into the WGB mode by removing the universal command everything starts to work. I do not have any access-list or association filter on the root to permit certain mac addresses.

Any advice would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Navin,

On your root bridge, change the station role from ‘root bridge’ to just ‘root’:

(config-if)# station-role root

Justin

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Justin Kurynny
Level 4
Level 4

Navin,

I just tried this with my setup and it worked simply by adding the universal keyword and MAC to the end of my station-role workgroup-bridge statement.

My output was a little different than what you saw. What version of code are you running on your bridges? (I'm using 12.4.25d.JA1.)

Justin

Justin,

I upgraded the code and still no luck. WGB works fine but as soon as I put universal keyward with a mac in the end it does not associate with the root. I am running the same code as you on the root and the wgb.

Here is the config of the radio on wgb:

interface Dot11Radio1

no ip address

no ip route-cache

!

encryption mode ciphers aes-ccm

!

ssid bridge-test

!

station-role workgroup-bridge universal 0015.c724.5780

bridge-group 1

bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled

end

Am I missing something.

Navin,

What does the root bridge config look like?

Can you also post the SSID configurations for both sides?

Justin

Justin,

I have attached the config.

Thanks,

Parwal

Navin,

On your root bridge, change the station role from ‘root bridge’ to just ‘root’:

(config-if)# station-role root

Justin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card