Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unstable Wi-Fi connection

Hello!

In our network we use WLC 9800 with version 17.9.5 and AP C9130AXI-E. I have problem with unstable Wi-Fi connection in the user. I increased timeout:

lizochkanovichenko_0-1721203243618.png

But I see the user has unstable Wi-Fi connection: 

lizochkanovichenko_2-1721203762135.png

What can you recommend in this case?

Thanks! 

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Have a checkup of the WLC 9800configuration with the CLI command show tech wireless and feed the output to : Wireless Config Analyzer
         (do not use simple show tech as input for this procedure)

- Engage in full client debugging according to https://logadvisor.cisco.com/logadvisor/wireless/9800/9800ClientConnectivity , these debugs can be analyzed with Wireless Debug Analyzer

- Outputs from the commands mentioned in https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/catalyst-9800-series-wireless-controllers/217738-monitor-catalyst-9800-kpis-key-performa.html#anc5 can also be useful

- Make sure the wireless environment has been sufficiently tested (for coverage) with a Wireless Site Survey before placing the access points.

- Consider moving on to 17.12.3 which is now 'the' advisory release 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hello!

I devided to open the case in Cisco TAC and it turned out that the problem was in Load balance. This function was enable. When I diseble Load balance the situation has improved.

Thank you for your help and involvement! 

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@lizochkanovichenko wrote:
I have problem with unstable Wi-Fi connection in the user.

And this is only happening to one user only, right? 

First off, reboot the AP in question. 

Next, what is the exact wireless NIC model and the exact driver of the wireless NIC?

If this wireless client moves to a different AP, does the issue "follow"?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card