Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading controllers and access points through NCS

I am currently trying to upgrade all of my controllers and access points to the newest version.  I have downloaded the file and loaded it on the ftp server running on the Cisco NCS server.  I tried to go to configure>controllers and Download Software(ftp) and go.  I setup the schedule and it says failure.  The details say %Error:Code file transfer failed - Connection Timeout.  Sorry if this is a basic thing that I am missing.  I have tried using an internal ftp server as well and it errors out also.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't know how you have it setup, but just download the code through from the WLC and use a good tftp/ftp server.  I use 3CDeamon.  Try that and see if it works.  You don't have to schedule it as if your using v7.x, you can set the image as the backup image and then change it later when you decide to reboot.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

It is setup with NCS Prime running 4 WiSM blades and 3 WiSM 2 blades in 6509 chassis.  I am going in through NCS and doing configure controllers and download software(ftp) from the select a command dropdown.  When I setup it up this way I have to select schedule unless I want it to automatically download and reboot the controllers, which I was trying to avoid so that I could do it during the day.  It just keeps timing out on the download portion. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card