cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading WLC 4404

Kristen Sims
Level 1
Level 1

I need to upgrade our Wireless Lan Controller to support new APs. I was able to get the new code due to a security advisory on the code we are running now. I am upgrading from 6.0.196.0 to 7.0.220.0 (MD). I have read in some of the technical docs that the WCS has to match the WLC. I cannot find any documentation as to what this entails on the WCS. I need some direction, please!

WCS version is 6.0.132.0 running on Windows.

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Okay.. Well when you download the WCS software from CCO, most likely the .exe, there is a release note for that WCS code that has all the steps to upgrading your WCS to the appropriate version. Just look for the release note prior to downloading the WCS .exe file.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The rule of thumb is that WCS has to be equal or a higher version than the wlc code.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

How do I go about upgrading the WCS to an equal version???

You go with a version higher if there is not an equal version. The matrix will show you what is required.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

I realize that. What I'm looking for are the steps to upgrade and what it entails to do so. This system was inherited and we are just becoming familiar with the system. Therefore, excuse me for not sounding proficient.

Okay.. Well when you download the WCS software from CCO, most likely the .exe, there is a release note for that WCS code that has all the steps to upgrading your WCS to the appropriate version. Just look for the release note prior to downloading the WCS .exe file.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here is a matrix

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/5500/tech_notes/Wireless_Software_Compatibility_Matrix.html

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

I just found the software and the readme.

Thank you!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card