Views
Helpful
Replies

User complaining slow when accessing wireless

Ken Le
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Would like to check if there are users complaining slow when accessing wireless, AP3602i and WLC5508, any bandwitdh tool from Cisco can use
to really identify that the problem is with the WLC or merely the wireless traffic problem?

Or any other places or section I can check, example Cisco Prime ?

Thanks.

Regards,
ken

6 Replies 6

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

paste the output of the command to check how you configured it:

sh wlan <id>

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for your reply.

Attached is the sh wlan 3 for the wireless configuration.

Appreciate your help.

WLN configs look good.

it would be good if you can share your topology ...how your network looks like ??

hi Sandeep,

network topology is just simple layer 2 with wireless IP range for all the floors.

Another thing, would like to check if around 6Mbps/sec , is that consider normal for an access to the AP 3602i from your experience ?

Thanks.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Setup and iperf server on the wired network and test throughput with a wireless iperf client.  What you want to isolate is if throughput is slow internal to the site or when traffic egress the site. This can help you pinpoint where you need to start troubleshooting.

Also, what are user saying about the slowness, than its slow?  I'm guessing your not onsite to see if you can reproduce or actually see if the wireless is slow?

-Scott 

*** Please rate helpful posts *** 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott

Thanks for your reply. May i know if a tools is required to setup the iperf? I would do so once got the relevant info.

Regards

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card