Views
Helpful
Replies

Users not connecting - Wireless LAN

Sohail Muhammad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have deployed 2xCisco 5508 controllers in HA (OS 7.4) with Cisco APs 1602 & 2602. I have also configured FlexConnect and users are using PEAP for authentication on ACS. On day 1, everything worked fine and users were able to connect and get IP address from the DHCP server and were able to access corporate server. But suddenly the users stopped getting connected to the network. They were not getting IP addresses from DHCP however the DHCP server is reachable from WLC. The users are getting error message "The connection was unsuccessful". The setup was ready to put in production but this happened so I am not able to put it in production. Looking for some help from the forum members. It seems to be issue with SW version 7.4.

Regards,

Sohail

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I would open a TAC case if I were you. There are a lot of issues with HA and currently Cisco is suggesting to use the latest v7.4.100.60.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I would open a TAC case if I were you. There are a lot of issues with HA and currently Cisco is suggesting to use the latest v7.4.100.60.

-Scott

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just to add, if you connect a laptop to the same vlan the wireless users are on, do they get an address?

-Scott

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Sohail,

As per your query i can suggest you the following solution-

You are right , the issue may be mainly because of the version of WLC. You must use the version 7.4.

Hope this will help you.

@Scott. Yes, I will definitely open a case but before that I wanted to do some R&D. I will upgrade WLC to 7.4.100.60 first and if it does not help, I will downgrade it to 7.3.

@Abhishek. Do you mean 7.4.100.60? As I am already running 7.4.100.0 on my WLC.

I would not downgrade to v7.3. There are a lot of issues and the latest v7.4.x is suggested.

-Scott

Okz.. I will upgrade the software to 7.4.100.60 first then will check if the things are under control or not.

Keep me posted as I have been working with Cisco on this matter. I would like to see if you run into any issues or not.

-Scott

I downgraded to software version 7.3 and it started working for me. Everything is fine now. I am now upgrading my controller to 7.4.100.60 and will update you.

Regards,

Sohail

Sounds good.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

-Scott

Finally, it is working on 7.4.100.60 too. Thanks for the help Scott and Abhishek. I hope this release is pretty much stable.

Glad you got it working. Can you mark the post answered so that it may help others out there.

Keep me posted if you run into any HA related issues also.

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card