cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using CLI to reset a Aironet 2700 series that was on a Controller.

I am trying to reset some Aironet 2700 series and 2802 series AP to factory using CLI but these AP where on a controller. I cannot place them back on the controller but need to clear all configs. I have tried all of the following but still has some configs. 

AP# debug capwap console cli
AP#erase /all nvram:
AP#undebug all
AP#reload
Proceed with reload? [confirm]y
AP# clear capwap controller
AP#capwap ap erase

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

"capwap ap erase all" works on COS like 2800/3800/4800/1560 and all Catalyst 9k APs. 

"delete /f /r nvram:startup-config" or "clear capwap private-config" works on classic IOS APs like 2700/3700/1570 and older.

Gaurav  Kansal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Please refer this link for your query  https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/aironet-1200-series/99763-reset-lwappconfig-lap.html

Reset AP through CLI

In order to use this method, log in to the AP console mode in privilege exec mode:

• For Cisco IOS-based APs:
AP#clear capwap ap ? 
all-config <-- if you need to reset AP to factory default (this command causes system)
controller <-- if you need to clear static configuration for WLC IP address (this command may cause termination session to WLC and new DTLS handshake)
dot1x <-- if you need to reset dot1x credentials for AP authentication
hostname <-- if you need to reset AP host name config
ip <-- if you need to remove static IP configuration on AP. (this command may cause termination session to WLC and new DTLS handshake)
  • For ClickOS-based APs:
AP#capwap ap erase ?
all <-- Erase all AP config (this commands causes AP to reboot)
static-ip <-- Erase static IP/DNS config (this command causes termination session to WLC and new DTLS handshake)

Reset AP with the Reset Button

In order to use this method, you must have physical access to the AP. The process is the same for both Cisco IOS and ClickOS APs.

1. Disconnect power from AP.
  2. Press and hold the Mode button on AP and provide power to AP.
  3. Keep holding the mode button for 20 seconds or more.

If this helped you please click on "Helpful" or mark it as the solution.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card