cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Virtual Wireless Lan Controller moved, licence now missing.

ScSITServices1
Level 1
Level 1

Our Cisco WLC version 7.4.100.0 was been moved to new ESXi servers (New hardware) as a result of this I guess the UUID has changed and voided the installed licence.

I've tried to reinstall the original licences but this fail's because of a UDI mismatch.

If I try to do a rehost the first step fail's with

Local file /tmp/license.upd not found!

Can anyone point me in the right direction to recover and reinstall our licences.

4 Replies 4

adawa
Level 3
Level 3

Hello, ScSITServices1. 

Try going to cisco.com/go/license and re-host your license. Do you also have an existing support contract? I also recommend opening a case in TAC. 

Let me know if you have additional concerns or e-mail (adawa@cisco.com) me directly. Kind regards. 

Thanks for your replies, the issue is that the guy who set this up also setup his own login Cisco account (rather than use our ScSITServices shared account) where the WLAN licences are located. He has since left and I'm trying without success at the moment to get Cisco support to change the password to allow me access to retrieve the licence.

Hi!

How is this issue going? Were you able to recover your licenses? Have you already contacted our technical assistance team regarding this?

Feel free to contact us for further assistance.

Kind regards.

ScSITServices1
Level 1
Level 1

Update. In the end did a restore of the VM, upon starting the WLC VM up, I chose moved it, rather than copied it. This has got the WLC backup and running, will update to a newer version.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card