Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN mapping missing in LWAP

satya mothukuri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I am running big wireless network, with 20no of 5500 with 7.0.116.0 version. I have more than 20,000 AP's. If i add some config in primary controller or do some changes or reboot all the AP's are moving to backup controller. this doesn’t have any problem, but many AP's which moved to backup controller are losing VLAN mapping. This happens every time. Primary --> backup, backup --> primary. Please let me know what causing the problem..

both controllers have same vern...same config etc..

AP model: AIR-LAP1252AG-A-K9

Controler model: AIR-CT5508-K9

Regards,

Satya.M

15 Replies 15

maldehne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

make sure that WLAN Ids are the same among different controllers

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please make sure to rate correct answers

Are you using ap groups by chance ?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

I agree iwht maldehne, make sure you have all the same WLAN configured, and in the same order. 

If you are using AP groups or HREAP/FlexConnect Groups, make sure they exist with the exact same name, and WLAN's configured in them.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Hi, Thanks for reply.

i'll give an example .

Prim Controller A has 11 Wlans and Backup has 10 Wlans.  All are in same order only 11 was added in prim controller. AP group is same in both controller and 11th WLAN only missing in backup controller.

Now plz let me know is this the problem?

Regards.

Satya.M

Are you 100% sure the AP group is identical even down to the NAME? If they are different in anyway on the backup, game over ..

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

Hi George,

We are using default group name "default-group" in prim and back. As i told before in prime 11 WLAN's are created but in backup 10 WLAN's are careted, but order is same with ID no's.

Regards,

Satya.M

Hi,

Plz reply, if some one has any update.

Regards,

Satya.M

Hi,

I have oberved saw issues, All of them have a common point. As i told before i have 10-11 WLAN's...in that few WLAN's are mapped to same VLAN.plz find the pic i have posted 1 st img show my WLANs...

This image show my VLAN mapping..

So only the VLAN which is  mapping for miltiple WLAN's only have problem. They are going back to default VLAN.

This is hapng with all controllers.

So please suggest if i need to create AP group for the VLAN's which have multiple WLAN's mapped? and add all AP to that group?

Regards,

Satya.M

Hi, Thanks for reply.

i'll give an example .

Prim Controller A has 11 Wlans and Backup has 10 Wlans.  All are in same order only 11 was added in prim controller. AP group is same in both controller and 11th WLAN only missing in backup controller.

We are using default group name "default-group" in prim and back. As i told before in prime 11 WLAN's are created but in backup 10 WLAN's are careted, but order is same with ID no's.

Now plz let me know is this the problem?

Regards.

Satya.M

If your APs are in default-group, then you've not explicitly created any AP GROUP. The default-group is the implicit group for APs until you explicitly move them to a user created AP group .

Hi Osita,

So you suggest to create AP group?

Regards,

Satya.M

Creating identical AP GROUPS on both controllers would ensure that vlan mappings are carried across.

Hi

If you're using local switching on the primary controller, could you ensure that  it is also enabled on the backup controller SSID,.

Hi,

I have oberved saw issues, All of them have a common point. As i told before i have 10-11 WLAN's...in that few WLAN's are mapped to same VLAN.plz find the pic i have posted 1 st img show my WLANs...

This image show my VLAN mapping..

So only the VLAN which is  mapping for miltiple WLAN's only have problem. They are going back to default VLAN.

This is hapng with all controllers.

So please suggest if i need to create AP group for the VLAN's which have multiple WLAN's mapped? and add all AP to that group?

Regards,

Satya.M

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card