cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410N

pluhn20nw
Level 1
Level 1

I am having connection issues with the WAP4410N.  It keeps dropping and is very inconsistent.

Any ideas?

5 Replies 5

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
WAP4410N - After 6-24 hrs wireless clients are unable to associate to AP
CSCtx62203
Symptoms:
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
- After a period of 6 to 24 hours, wireless clients get dropped from wireless and cannot reconnect.
- Clients can see SSID, but are unable to associate with it.
- Subsequent client association attempt fails with error.
- When issue occurs, admin cannot access web UI, from wired or wireless computers.
- User must power cycle to resolve.

Conditions:
ENVIRONMENT: (typical)
No of units - 1 to 3
No. of wireless clients = 20 - 50 (between 3 AP)
Wireless clients = Mix of iPads, iPhones, Windows laptops, Mac laptops.

Workaround:
Power cycle (reboot).

abwahid
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Cisco released latest firmware update that resolves many of the issues you encountered. As a first step, we recommend installing the software, which you can find here:

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=282414137&softwareid=282463166&release=2.0.4.2&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest&i=rm

Once you've updated the firmware, you will need to do a factory reset and then manually reconfigure the access point to ensure all the old code is removed. I hope i will fix the problems.

freaky2000nl
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever get this resolved? We have quite a lot of customers and usually my colleagues go for the default maintenance, but due to holidays I've been driving around a bit lately.

In 1 week I came across 3 customers with a WAP4410N, all running the latest 2.0.7.8 firmware and they all have the same issues. After anywhere from ~4 hrs to a week they'll have to reset it. Issues aren't consistent either, frequently DHCP will no longer work (which comes from the server, not the AP) and a such assigning a static IP will work. But frequently that won't help either and it doesn't seem to pass traffic and/or able to authenticate (WPA PSK) at all.

Not all too happy with these things.

gohussai
Level 4
Level 4

Its a BUG:CSCtx62203

Try upgrading the firmware.

They're all on 2.0.7.8 there is no newer firmware. The bugreport doesn't exactly match the issue, whilst connections are dead, webinterface is OK.

Thanks for the re' though.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card