Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS Downgrade Question

miomalle
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I have a WCS running 5.2.130.0 and with the changes made for Lobby Ambassadors, I would like to downgrade to 4.x.x.x.

Is the process straight forward, as I know you can do a backup and then restore - will this work with older versions?

Any help/guides will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Mike

2 Replies 2

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

The upgrade process adds several database tables; not sure if installing an older version of WCS would strip them out. There is the possibility of the downgrade corrupting the db. You may want to open a TAC case and inquire about it.

The 2 feasible options would be to either do a fresh install of the desired version and restore a pre 5.x db backup, or just start all over with a fresh 4.x.x.x. install

You could also try building a test machine with 5.x, make a backup from the production wcs server and restoring it to the test machine and see what happens when you try to downgrade to 4.x.x

Hi Eric,

Thanks for that information.

Just to satisfy my curiosity, I upgraded my WCS to version 5, took a backup and downgraded back to version 4 just to check if it would work - but no, it refused to restore from a newer version. I saved a copy of the v4 database which restored fine.

I wonder if anyone knows of a work around?

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card