Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS error COMMON-1 after login completed

Rojer-bkk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Expert,

I found WCS Sytem Error Page was displayed after login completed for while. How can i fix about this? Thanks

WCS System Error Page

Error(s): You must correct following error(s) before proceeding: Error:COMMON-1: Some unexpected internal error has occured. If the problem presist please report to the Tech Support. Error:Detail: Cannot open connection

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Justin Kurynny
Level 4
Level 4

Rojer-bkk,

Did you try to stop and restart the WCS service?

Justin

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Justin Kurynny
Level 4
Level 4

Rojer-bkk,

Did you try to stop and restart the WCS service?

Justin

Hi Justin,

WCS version7.0.172.0. Do you mean issue command StopWCS and StartWCS ?

Rojer,

Yes, those are the commands, and they work on both Windows and Linux. Also, if you are on Windows and RDP/console to the desktop, the application shortcuts to stop and start are in the WCS program group.

Justin

Justin, it's work!! Thanks

Rojer,

Great to hear it worked. Thanks for the update!

Justin

Just a heads up to anyone else that might do this... it took about 5 to 10 minutes for the 'StopWCS' process to complete.

We run Version 7.0.172.0 on a Windows Server 2003 VM.

We initially tried restarting the service from Windows Services (services.msc) - made no difference - had to run the stopWCS and startWCS programs in the installation folder.

NOTE: after launching the exe from the program files\WCSxxx\bin\ folder - it took a few moments and a Java console window appeared. It then spewed out the following over the space of 5 to 10 minutes...

"Stopping Health Monitor...

Waiting for shutdown to complete.

Health Monitor successfully shutdown.

Stopping WCS server

WCS server successfully shutdown.

Waiting for shutdown to complete.

Shutting down database server ...

Database server successfully shutdown.

Apache server is stopped.

WCS successfully shutdown."

The startup process was much quicker... taking no more than 5 minutes if that.

Again, after launching the exe from windows explorer - it took a little while for the java window to appear - it then quite quickly (compared with shutdown) produced the following output.

"Starting WCS

This may take a few minutes...

Starting Apache...

Starting Apache server ...

Apache server is running.

WCS started successfully."

And yeah - it resolved the issue for us too - many thanks.

Thanks Brett for sharing the detailed explanation which will be helpful to other

Vinay Sharma

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks & Regards

Thanks Justin. 5+

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks & Regards

ahmad_farouk
Level 1
Level 1

it happed with me every two or three days ,can anyone help me ?what's reasons ? how to solve it?WCS on Linux system?

email me on ahmad_faroty@hotmail.com...appreciate your help..

Ahmad:

If you're still on WCS 7.0.172.0, that's almost to be expected.  There were several catastrophic database bugs in 7.0.172.0 that showed themselves in these kinds of symptoms (CSCto88700, CSCtr97576, CSCtr33182, etc.)  The very best thing you can do is take a backup, uninstall 7.0.172.0, install 7.0.240.0 fresh, then restore the backup into 7.0.240.0.  If the database has become corrupted, you can open a case with TAC, provide a copy of the backup and see if the database can be repaired or recovered.  7.0.172.0 was **REALLY** **THAT** **BAD**!!!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: