Views
Helpful
Replies

Web authentication bundle

Elie Sbat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks

I downloaded an authentication bundle from Cisco website, It is a .tar file. I need to edit the .tar file by doing the following:

1. Remove Cisco Logo and put a new logo inside it.
  2. Edit the login page to fit with the deployment
  3. Import the .tar file into the WLC, where I am receiving webauth bundle extraction error.

Please advise,

Thanks

16 Replies 16

Hi,

there is a bug I think and I found the information here a few weeks ago. Maybe it is the same in your case.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2051577?decorator=print&displayFullThread=true

In short, create the tar file in linux. In my environment it is working I use the newest WLC Software. A tart files creates in windows was not working for me.

tar -cvf login.tar ...

All other things (logo, etc) are default html.

regards,
Sebastian

I used 7zip in windows to create the .tar file and the WLC's seemed to like it.

Tony

Tony

I cannot make a .tar file with 7zip, I think i need a license. which WLC software version you are using?

Thanks

I just downloaded the application again.  Once installed you need to browse to the items you want to tar.

The login.html needs to be outside of the login_files folder. 

Of course, these names need not be the same. 

Just select you .html file and the folder with the files in it and click "add"

Change the archive format to tar and select the directory where you want to save it above that.  Then, click "OK"...

That's all there is to it.

Tony

7Zip is free from sourceforge... there is no license.

Tony

Tony

I created a .tar file but also same error exist. by the way, i am using WLC image 7.0.98 wich I will change it by today.

Thanks,

Elie

What file extensions are you using inside your tar file? I know the WLC doesnt like FLASH extensions for example and will faill 100% of the time ...

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

I just used 7Zip again and uploaded to my WLC running 7.0.98

I have attached the tar file that I just created and used so you can reference it.  The pagename.html file MUST be in the root of the archive.  It can NOT be inside any other folder.  The files(images) that the login.html point to are inside the login_files folder.  If you look at the source of login.html, there is an image tag that points to login_files/logo.jpg....

Feel free to take our login.html file and edit the content.  You can edit the redirect url and the body of the page, but I do not recommend you change or remove any of the javascript code.

One other thing... anytime you upload a webauth bundle, you HAVE to reboot the controller for it to take effect.

If you need any further assistance, let me know.

Tony

HI Tony

I really appreciate your help and tested your web bundle, it works fine. I attached my web authentication.

Can you know why it is not being extracted into the controller?

Thanks,

Elie

Ok...

First, you didn't follow my directions, but I've taken the time to fix what I think is wrong. 

login.html needs to be OUTSIDE of the login_files folder.  ALL other files need to be inside the login_files folder, hence the name.... login_files

I went ahead and fixed your directory structure and made a few changes to your login.html page to point to the login_files folder although I'm not 100% positive that it will work.  I didn't have much luck uploading javascript files to the WLC.  If it still will not upload, try login2.tar

Let me know if you have any success.

Try login.tar first

Try login2.tar second... if the login.tar won't upload.

Hope this helps....

Tony

Tony

Both of them did not work

I'm sorry... I never tested due to not being at work.  I remoted in and tested it on my controller and it did not work.  So... I tinkered with the files and filenames until it did.

Basically, the name of the tar file needs to be the same as the name of the folder that the "files" are in.  Not the html file.

As of now, the file uploads and extracts as it should.  I'm still not sure if the authentication part of it will work.

Hope this helps,

Tony

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

7zip doesn't work on 5508 running 7.0.98.0. You need to tar it using Power Archiver. Just download the trial and choose option the change the compression to tar. 7zip works on all othe WLC models and code versions.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

If Scott is correct, try this file... I archived it with Power Archiver.  I tested it on my controller and it uploaded and extracted fine.  Please note that I can not test the username and password functionality of the bundle.

Hope this helps,

Tony

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card