Views
Helpful
Replies

WGB350 and Orinoco Ap-1000

rsimhamb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

A quick question - has anyone tried associating a WGB 350 to an Orinoco AP-1000 and successfully pass traffic through it? If so, are there any special settings that need to be made on the WGB or the access point?

Thanks,

Ravi

4 Replies 4

derwin
Level 5
Level 5

I have not tried this so I wont say it will work one way or another but.

The work group bridge function is not something that is part of the WiFi testing and as such Cisco does not have WiFi certification on the WGB350.

This does not mean they are not built to the 802.11b standard but it provides functions that are not listed in this standard also.

There is no guarentee on any product that is not WiFi certified operating with another vendors product.

I would recommend that you use a AP352

In this link you will see the line

The bridge communicates with Cisco Aironet access points, but does not communicate with wireless networking devices manufactured by other companies

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/airo_350/350wgb/350hig/wgbch1.htm

Cisco does not support the use of the WGB with non Cisco AP's but if you get it to work please let me know for my own interest.

David

Hi David,

Thanks for your response. The WGB works great with the Linksys WAP-11 - full advertised throughput. I'll test it out with the Orinoco and post the results here.

Cheers,

Ravi

Hi David,

The WGB-350 does not work with an Orinoco AP. I spent a lot of time trying to get it associated but repeatedly got a 'Reason 46' error, followed by an 'Association Timeout' error. Any ideas what these errors mean (especially the Reason 46 error)?

Thanks,

Ravi

Reason 46 is association timeout

Means that although it saw the beacon frames of the AP it was not able to associated and it timed out trying.

Please remember that the use of a WGB with anything other than a Cisco access point is not supported by Cisco.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card