Views
Helpful
Replies

What do I need for a wireless survey?

inshu.inshu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I am looking for deploying wireless network in my ongoing project, I would like to know what should be my primary task to come closer to a Cisco solution.

How can I get the coverage details approx? Can someone give me a best practise to follow here?

What is a heat map study? How will it differ in drawings between a pdf document and an Autocad format? Will it make much difference?

Thanks In Advance,

MI

4 Replies 4

inshu.inshu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Can someone give me a better understanding for the above?

Thx

MI

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi MI,

I hope you are not doing the wireless site survey yourself.  I'm not being rude or condescending here but if you don't know how to do it you better let someone else do it for you.

Hi Leolaoh,

Thanks for your concern, I really appreciate it. However I would like to let you know that I dont have someone else to do the same and I wanted to take the responsibility to come up with some kind of solution which I can bring infront of our vendor, so thought of learning about a new situation and scenario.

Let me know if you have any inputs.

Thanks,

MI

I wanted to take the responsibility to come up with some kind of solution which I can bring infront of our vendor

Very brave of you.  I learned how to do Wireless Site Survey by the DESCRIPTION of what was done.  My next task was to learn how to use Airmagnet Wireless Site Survey.

Just don't want to see you being shown the door when your report is faulty or inaccurate.  If you pay someone to do it and they do it wrong, it's no longer out of your hands.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card