cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the fallback ipv4 address in ap?

JunghunLim7806
Level 1
Level 1

What is the fallback ipv4 address in ap?
I want to use static ip.
However, if you change the static ip, it will not be changed. It is set to fallback ipv4 address.

6 Replies 6

omz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You mean default IP .. 10.0.0.1 ?

No. 

When you configure it as capture, type 'show capwap ip config' in ap, and it will be displayed as 10.44.14.148.
I want to use 10.44.0.87.

I am sorry that English is not my first language.

Hi, please dont be sorry about your English :) 

Does this help?

If you configure an access point to use a static IP address that is not on the same subnet on which the access point’s previous DHCP address was, the access point falls back to a DHCP address after the access point reboots. If the access point falls back to a DHCP address, enter the show ap config general Cisco_AP CLI command to show that the access point is using a fallback IP address. However, the GUI shows both the static IP address and the DHCP address, but it does not identify the DHCP address as a fallback address.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/8-3/config-guide/b_cg83/b_cg83_chapter_011111.html#ID1955

i have the same issue as the author. but i do not think this happens due to different subnet. I notice once i replace an old AP with new ap which has been assigned with another new static ip address, the new ip address would be changed into another ip address after joining wlc. In WLC side, we can see there is "Fallback ipv4 Address" in page ALL APs > General. this situation does not always happen, but most cases happen like this. Dont know why. Hope some expert can explain it

I notice author two ip add are in different. So omz might be correct. But my two ip add are at the same subnet

IvanBorre
Level 1
Level 1

I want to investigate an issue.
          I am using WLC 9800 and AP (IW3702-2E-A-K9) configured with a static IP, the AP rebooted due to power failure, when it turned on, the AP took a DHCP IP and show "fallback IP address" as 10.15.17.20 and the static IP is 10.15.17.58.  Why the AP took the "fallback IP address"? and how can i avoid it?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card