cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

When is bridge/mesh mode available in 1850/2800/3800 APs?

Dominik Zeiger
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I am planning to upgrade our APs from 1140 to something future proof and was looking into the Wave 2 APs. Due to my office environment I depend on bridge mode. In the 1850 data sheet it just states "future", but this document is already from April 2016.

So I am wondering whether there is a plan on when bridge/mesh will be available on those APs?

Best regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That really leaves you with the x702's or the actual outdoor mesh AP's.  You would have to ask your Cisco Var in regards to if and or when they might introduce those features. The issue is if they will not and only make outdoor AP's only function as mesh. 

-Scott 

*** Please rate helpful posts *** 

-Scott

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I really doubt that might happen soon. Your better off looking at the 2802's then. There are a lot of bugs with the x802's so keep that in mind. Take a look at the latest code and the resolved and open caveats. 

-Scott 

-Scott

Thanks for the quick response.

While doing a search I came across the release notes for 8.3. There is a section "Features not supported on 1850, 2800, 3800 Series APs", which includes "Mesh" and "Bridge".

So actually none of the newer APs supports it and (likely) wont in the near future? The next closest APs with this feature would be the x702 series?

That really leaves you with the x702's or the actual outdoor mesh AP's.  You would have to ask your Cisco Var in regards to if and or when they might introduce those features. The issue is if they will not and only make outdoor AP's only function as mesh. 

-Scott 

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card