cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

which better AIR-AP1832I-I-K9C and AIR-AP1832I-I-K9

amralrazzaz
Level 5
Level 5

i have quotation price for 1832 and 1815 ? can u please check the price ? and which one is better to go with ? 

should i use WLC  device to operate these APs? i dont like to use WLC for now so the AP will work normally correct ?

whats the difference between AIR-AP1832I-I-K9C and AIR-AP1832I-I-K9 ? ihave 2 quote one with c and one without ? so whats the difference and which one is better ?

AIR-AP1832I-I-K9C if i got this so i can use it as normal access point and in future if i buy another so i can use it as controller for adding another kind of access points? 

im not using WLC device ? its only AP 

amr alrazzaz
8 Replies 8

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
If you don’t want to purchase a WLC the you need the part number ending in ‘C’. That is mobility express access point that has a controller built in.

Cisco Aironet 1832i Access Point: Indoor environments, with internal antennas
● AIR-AP1832I-x-K9: Dual-band, controller-based 802.11a/g/n/ac, Wave 2
● AIR-AP1832I-x-K9C: Dual-band, controller-based 802.11a/g/n/ac, Wave 2, configurable, with default software Mobility Express
◦ Regulatory domains: (x = regulatory domain)
◦ For Mobility Express, part number AIR-AP1832I-x-K9C offers default software option Mobility Express

The 1832 would probably be a better fit for you than the 1815. Also the mobility express doesn’t have all the feature you get with a WLC. However, the features you get with ME might be enough for your needs. You will have to look at the data sheet and other documents to figure out what features are there and not.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

thanks a lot for ur precious info very usefull

so which one should i got ? AIR-AP1832I-x-K9C or normal one without c ?

if i got AIR-AP1832I-x-K9C so in future i can buy another ? and let the it control it ? 

so ill buy c brand for now and non c brand in future so i can control it ?

yes i dont need WLC DEVICE so its enough to me for using ap as limited feature of control

so can i know how to confugre two ssid one for employee and other for guest ? and is that require 2 AP ? or one only ?

i mean i can buy c and non c ap so ill use AIR-AP1832I-x-K9C as employee and controller and AIR-AP1832I-x-K9 this one for guest ?

amr alrazzaz

any update :)

thanks 

amr alrazzaz

Go for : AIR-AP1832I-x-K9C (its a single AP and also will work as controller)

You can buy any of them.... how you make it work its depned on the software on it.

here is the guide:

http://blog.router-switch.com/2016/04/how-to-start-up-configure-and-operate-cisco-mobility-express/

https://www.packet6.com/deploying-cisco-mobility-express/

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

1st of all it is helpfull post for sure

2nd .. im asking about vlan ? i dont use any vlna in my switch its the native vlan only 

so the AP configuration i see vlan for employee and other for guest so should i created 2 vlans on switch port 1st or the vlan creation for ap it self is on AP level only ?

amr alrazzaz

any update regarding my question ?

also what if the difference in price between 1830i and 1850i is not big so is it better to go with 1850i ? 

is there is a difference in function and quality  between 1850 and 1830 ?

i dont have vlan created on my switch ,, can i configure the AP normally without doing any thing in switch because i saw on videos that there is vlan one for employee and one for guest ???

need answers before purchasing plz

thanks

amr alrazzaz

any update regarding my questions ?  thanks a lot for your all support all

amr alrazzaz

ny update regarding my question ?

also what if the difference in price between 1830i and 1850i is not big so is it better to go with 1850i ? 

is there is a difference in function and quality  between 1850 and 1830 ?

i dont have vlan created on my switch ,, can i configure the AP normally without doing any thing in switch because i saw on videos that there is vlan one for employee and one for guest ???

i have also another qouation for 1850 controller , so which one should i purchase 1832 or 1852 ? please check attached 

need answers before purchasing plz

thanks

amr alrazzaz
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card