Helpful
Replies

wifi connection

HenkFeenstra
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

I am wondering about something.

We have a main office and at the main office we have a Cisco Call Manager.

At that site we also have a Wireless lan Controller.

In a branch office we have some access points. The access point have a static IP and they are communicate with the WLan Controller.

The static IP is an ip address from the branch office.

The IP phones get there IP address from the main office DHCP controller. I made them static after assignment.

At the branch office they have there own ISDN lines. So connection to the outside world is throught the gateway in the branch office.

When i dial with the IP phone how is the connection going?

Is it:

IP Phone -> Main Office (CCM)

When the call has been set up the call goes directly through the gateway in the branch office.

OR!

IP Phone dials number. CCM says you have to go through the gateway but via the VPN tunnel again because you have an IP address from the main office....

The Main office and branch office are connected through a VPN tunnel.

I ask this because a couple of phones have a bad connection when they dial out.

Hope anybody can help me out on this.

Thanks!          

1 Reply 1

abwahid
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Yes your call route by this way.

IP Phone -> Main Office (CCM)

When the call has been set up the call goes directly through the gateway in the branch office.

The better option is you take ISDN line connection at your Main office, so latency in your call become shorter at your local network.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card