Views
Helpful
Replies

wired and wireless guest access on the same anchor controller

Adam Watts
Level 1
Level 1

Hopefully a quick question,

I have a network of 4404 WLC's currently running 5.1.151.0, at the moment I have a guest wireless network set up with a dedicated anchor controller sat out on the DMZ and this is working fine. What I would like to do is set up a vlan on my main network to allow wired guest access and point it through one of the internal controllers to the same anchor controller and use the same egress interface as the existing wireless guest network, so I don't have to make any changes to the internet side of things.

is this possible? any questions?

Adam

1 Reply 1

Yes you can do it; only make sure that you:

- Create a wired interface in a foreing WLC.

- Create a Guest LAN and select the wired interface as ingress and management interface as egress interface.

- In the anchor, create the same Guest VLAN; with management as ingress interface and your internet dynamic interface as egress interface.

Don´t forget select in the Guest LAN of the foreing WLC the anchor controller as a anchor for this Guest LAN and in the anchor WLC to itself as anchor WLC (nice tongue twisters  )

Best Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card