Views
Helpful
Replies

wireless 1852 access point mobilit express

adamgibs7
Level 6
Level 6

Dears,

i have 3no's of AP 1852 with an image as per below these all  in one subnet but the problem is nobody is accepting the controller to another, how i can do that.also when the username and password what i am using for the cli it doesn't accepts for the GUI, i am new to wireless and 1852 concepts how i shld proceed.

thanks

cisco AIR-AP1852E-E-K9 ARMv7 Processor rev 0 (v7l) with 966404/472076K bytes of memory.
Processor board ID XXXXXXXXXX
AP Running Image     : 8.2.141.0
Primary Boot Image   : 8.2.141.0
Backup Boot Image    : 8.2.111.0
AP Image type    : MOBILITY EXPRESS IMAGE
AP Configuration : MOBILITY EXPRESS CAPABLE
2 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces
2 802.11 Radios

APD42C.XXXX.XXXX#sh running-config
AP Name                    : APD42C.XXXX.XXXX
Admin State                : Enabled
AP Mode                    : FlexConnect
AP Submode                 : None
Location                   :
"@boot Reason              : j
Primary controller name    :
Primary controller IP      : 0.0.0.0
Secondary controller name  :
Secondary controller IP    : 0.0.0.0
Tertiary controller name   :
Tertiary controller IP     : 0.0.0.0
AP join priority           : 1
Last Joined Controller name:
DTLS Encryption State      : Disabled
Discovery Timer            : 10
Heartbeat Timer            : 30
CDP State                  : Enabled
Watchdog monitoring        : Enabled
RRM State                  : Enabled
LSC State                  : Disabled
SSH State                  : Enabled
AP Username                : admin
Session Timeout            : 300
Syslog Host                : 255.255.255.255
Syslog Facility            : 0
Syslog Level               : 6
Core Dump TFTP Ip Addr     : 0.0.0.0
Core Dump Flag:            : 0
Core Dump Filename         :
WLC Link LAG status        : Disabled
AP Link LAG status         : Disabled

5 Replies 5

Hi @adamgibs7

You should follows this basic steps in order to have your network ready.

Step 1: Boot the AP that has controller capability. This AP should either be a 1850 or a 1830 series AP.

It will be a few minutes before the CiscoAirProvision SSID starts broadcasting after initially powering up the AP. Once the CiscoAirProvision SSID starts broadcasting, the AP's status LED start cycling through green, red, and amber.

Step 2 Connect the Wi-Fi-enabled laptop to the CiscoAirProvision SSID advertised by the AP, using Wi-Fi. The password is password.]
The laptop gets an IP address from the subnet 192.168.1.0/24.

Step 3 Using a supported browser, go to http://192.168.1.1, which is redirected to the initial configuration wizard.
The initial configuration wizard’s admin account window is displayed in your browser.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Dear Flavio,

Got all  3 no's AP worked with one acting as a primary WLC (AP1)  and other are WLC capable but connecting as an AP to the controller, i Have one problem now when the Primary WLC reboots the other which i have entered as preferred master (AP2)  it becomes the master but the when the original primary WLC comes up  it doesn't prempts and the secondary remains master, no issues for me but when i reboot the secondary (AP2) the original primary (AP1) doesn't becomes master all network remains down until the secondary boots completely.why that so ??

Also when i reboot both AP1 and AP2 the 3rd AP shld take the role of WLC when there is nobody in his competition AP3 should control traffic but still it doesn't.

Thanks

Not so fast dude. Looks like you made progress, isn´t it?

Mobility Express is a low cost solution, don´t expect too much from that.

Let´s see what Cisco states for Master AP:

"User can select an Access Point to be the Master Access Point. If such a selection is made, no new Master will be elected in case of a reboot of the Master Access Point. After five minutes, if the current Master is still not active, it will be assumed dead and Master Election will begin to elect a new Master."

No one said you can have as much Master as you need and if you define one

Master, the process will take 5 minutes until a new process will be started.

Dear Flavio,

from where you got the below paragraph,i am reading the deployment guide and it is not mentioned anywhere.

""User can select an Access Point to be the Master Access Point. If such a selection is made, no new Master will be elected in case of a reboot of the Master Access Point. After five minutes, if the current Master is still not active, it will be assumed dead and Master Election will begin to elect a new Master.""

You can find it Here.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: