cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless 802.1x with Cisco ISE

Djash
Level 1
Level 1

I created and authorization rule to allow domain users AND computers but it is not working. It works for domain users only. I think I am having the issue with authenticating domain computers. I need help to authenticate domain computers. My goal is to only allow domain users AND domain computers to login to the SSID.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Then your Authorisation policy is wrong and not matching on the Domain PCs. You need to:

• Have the "Domain Computers" group added in your AD External Identity Sources
  • Have an authorisation rule that matches on this group and assigns the right permissions

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

• Are the computers properly joined into the domain?
  • Is the supplicant configured for user *and* machine authentication?
  • What is in the ISE authentication live  log / authentication detail report when the computer starts up?

• Yes, the computers are on the domain
  • Confirmed that the supplicant is allow user OR computers ( i am using the default supplicant for windows 10)
  • the log shows that it hits the default rule (Deny Access)

Then your Authorisation policy is wrong and not matching on the Domain PCs. You need to:

• Have the "Domain Computers" group added in your AD External Identity Sources
  • Have an authorisation rule that matches on this group and assigns the right permissions

I realized that the computers where not in the users/domain computers directory. I created a separate group for only laptops that can join the SSID then it works. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card