Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Aironet 3600 model air-cap3602i-a-k9

jcrvcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone.

I'm starting in the certification of Cisco Wireless.

I buy from EBAY one AP 3600 "Aironet 3600 model air-cap3602i-a-k9".

This equipment was removed from an operating environment. 

After trying to set I note the following:

1. I can login, but as a user with basic privileges, the commands I can run are reduced.
2. The MODE button "RESET" it is blocked by command, I could see a "SHOW BOOT" command. I can not unlock because  I do not have the privileges to execute commands.
3. I have tried to connect for the GUI mode but it's not possible.

What I want?

I want to leave my equipment "Acces Point 3600" with the factory settings or make a recovery password.

I do not know what is most recommended, but I need to practice with this equipment and I'm with hands tied.

Please could you help me solve this problem.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Juan.

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Power off the AP.  

Hold the Mode button and continue to hold the Mode button down . 

Power up the AP. 

Hold the Mode button for another 30 seconds.

Thank you but....

The "MODE BUTTON" is blocked by commands. The AP does not react with this procedure.

Appreciate your help but it does not work in this case.

The "MODE BUTTON" is blocked by commands.

SO what?  The "Mode" button is blocked by the IOS COMMAND.  The procedure I've mentioned bypasses the IOS.

By the way, a "big thank you" for the "1-star" rating.  

I tried to do what you recommended, but the AP3600 was configured by IOS to disable the reset button.

When I write in mode CLI "Show Boot" this button it's disabled.

The user level that I connect with does not allow me to modify it in CLI.

I appreciate your help but do you have any other suggestions? What you recommended me does not work in this case.

Once again, thanks for your help.

When I write in mode CLI "Show Boot" this button it's disabled.

There are two "levels" in a Cisco appliance.  The ROMmon and the IOS.  (Actually there's one more "level" when dealing with an AP but that's out of topic.)

When an AP is powered up the AP will load the ROMmon.  Once the ROMmon, the IOS is then loaded into the DRAM.  After the IOS gets loaded, the configuration is read in executed.  Guess which part the configuration instruction that the "Mode" button is?  The third part.  

The procedure I've posted is invoked before the IOS gets loaded.  The problem is that every Cisco AP the "Mode" button is very hard to hold down.

If the instruction I've posted is unachievable, no biggie.  Others can chime in.   

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card