Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless bridge power level

lopezj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to intall two 1310 bridges 1Km each other with external antennas. I'm in spain, and the maximun EIRP allowed is 20dBm.

EIRP=transmitter power + antenna gain - cable loss

The antenna gain is 13,5dB and the cable loss is 6,6dB, then the maximun tansmitter power should be 13,1dBm (20mW) If I use the Outdoor Bridge Range Calculation Utility, configuring regulatory domain ETSI, bridge 1310 with remote antenna, datarate 54, OFDM, 13,5dBi Yagui, cable 150 feet ultra low loss, I only can configure 1mW as power level. Why I cannot configure 20mW?. If I change to CCK (11Mbps) I can configure up to 5mW, why more than for OFDM? and why I cannot configure up to 20mW in both CCK and OFDM? I will continue within the EIRP limits...

Regards!

Jordi

1 Reply 1

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

The Client Power Local setting has been available since Cisco IOS? Software Release 12.3(8)JA and works with devices that support 802.3af standard such as the 1240 and 1130 Series Access Points (APs). This was introduced for the APs that started supporting 802.3af.

Use the power client configuration interface command to configure the maximum power level clients should use for IEEE 802.11b radio transmissions to the access point. The power setting is transmitted to the client device during association with the access point. Use the no form of the command to not specify a power level.

For example power client

{1 | 5 | 20 | 30 | 50 | 100} | maximum for 2.4 Ghz Radios

power client

{5 | 10 | 20 | 40} | maximum for 802.11 a Radios

Note: This command is not supported in Bridges

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card