Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Mesh point to point

Kallur_92
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a question for wireless mesh design guide.

I want to have a Point to Point link between two building as backup if the two fibers connecting the buildings fail.
in each building i have one WLC that form a SSO cluster. So the point to point link is to prevent WLC, HSRP, WAN to become dual active.

I would like to know if somebody know how to set up the APs for the point to point link in that kind of setup that both have LAN connection to WLC.
Is RAP to RAP possible or do you need to have them configured for WGB in standalone mode?

I was thinking of using 1562D APs for this point to point link?
Can they run in standalone mode and as WGB?

Thanks for any help
Marcus

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I would use a true point to point bridge for that design. If you have fiber and the wireless is going to be a backup, just use a true PTP bridge from Exhalt, Bridgewave, etc. for that piece. That way you can have those connected either L2 or L3 interface and have your L3 control if that link is backup, shared or load balanced.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thank you for the respond.

To add to the post its 30 meter between the buildings so not very far.

We are a company that only sells Cisco so i want to have a solution to present to the costumer that is using Cisco devices. But if the Cisco is not the best option for this we have to tell the costumer that its better for them to buy the other device for PTP.

I was thinking of Flex+Bridge for the solution (if using Cisco).

I think you have to look at that the controller can still pass traffic. If you don’t care about that then you can always do MESH. Exhalt is something that Cisco sold also.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card