Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-CAP1702I-E-K9 APs don't function on 2.4GHz

Zaelbacha
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Dear community,

I'm having an issue with some 3 access points out of 7 in a customer's site, indeed they aren't spreading SSIDs on 2.4GHz even if the WLC configuration is well done and it's similar to the other access points on site that are well functioning under both frequencies "2.4 & 5". Both radio interfaces are UP "Radio0 & Radio1", also i'm seeing some packets rates on the interface Radio0, so i'm here willing to have your feedback regarding this case; If anyone of you have encountered the same issue and can help about this matter. 

Could it be due to an interference issue? 

NB: This issue was reported by the customer of site, after he performed a coverage test he noticed this issue.

Many thanks in advance for your support.

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Zaelbacha wrote:

Both radio interfaces are UP "Radio0 & Radio1"

What about the power of the radios?  Are they at full power or low power?

How was the client able to determine if 2.4 Ghz was being broadcasted or not?  Did he have a 2.4 Ghz-only client(s)?

What debug of the wireless client was collected?

Hello Leo,

Many thanks for your feedback,

In fact they are all at full power, also RF profiles are configured in order to raise the quality of signal.

I think that the user on site have used a tool for testing the WIFI coverage, such as WIFI WOLF PRO or Netspot.

For now i'm still awaiting for his feedback regarding a time window for testing in which i will run a debug on the concerned access points, hopefully it will help to solve the issue.

Do you have an idea about what kind of tests that can help in such a case?

I think I have read something about a bug like this in a fairly old release, but I'm not sure if it was only the 802.11ac Wave2 models or even the older ones.
Does an affected AP start to work again after a power cycle?

@Zaelbacha wrote:

I think that the user on site have used a tool for testing the WIFI coverage, such as WIFI WOLF PRO or Netspot. 

I strongly recommend you go to the site and verify the situation yourself.  

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card