cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless N on 4402

astamboulieh
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 4402 controller with 19 access points.  They are currently all running 802.11g but I would like to enable 802.11n.  I am running firmware 5.1.151.0, and in the Wireless tab at the top, under 802.11b/g/n, under High Throughput, I have checked off 11n Mode and all checkboxes to the right of it.  Still, it only gives the option to clients to connect at 54Mbps at G.  How can I enable N?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

First off I'll assume with that code version you are using 1252 AP's since that is the only 802.11n AP supported in version 5.1.  To get the MCS rates make sure that your WLAN has WMM either enabled or allowed and that your security is either wide open with no encyrption or WPA2 with AES encryption.  These are the only two security modes that will allow MCS rates.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

First off I'll assume with that code version you are using 1252 AP's since that is the only 802.11n AP supported in version 5.1.  To get the MCS rates make sure that your WLAN has WMM either enabled or allowed and that your security is either wide open with no encyrption or WPA2 with AES encryption.  These are the only two security modes that will allow MCS rates.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card