cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless vlan security help

johnvojtech
Level 1
Level 1

I set up a second ssid and vlan for guests. The native and original vlan is in place and requires WEP. I set the second vlan to broadcast the SSID and have no encryption. I have clients connect, and almost have everything done. The only thing I cant figure out is how to isolate the traffic from the second vlan to the first. I have the second vlan set up so that the users cannot see anything on the native vlan, but I can ping the servers by IP address and if I try to connect from the second vlan to the first, it lets me with a valid username and password. This tells me that if a guest comes in, and has a virus, that computer can maybe infect computers on the native vlan. How can i truly isolate the traffic from one vlan and have it access only the default gateway?

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Don't route the guest vlan and or place acl on the l3 to deny traffic from the guest subnet..

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I need to route the guest vlan to the default gateway. I have multiple access points, so i need to route the guest vlan on the L3 interfaces. I have the route statement added for the guest vlan network addresses pointing to the default gateway, but if i try to connect using the native vlan IP address, i can get to stuff.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card