Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Voice Issues

Neville Price
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

I have a number of 5508 controllers running software version 8.0.133.0, I am now experiencing a number of issues, these are listed below, I wonder if anyone else has had the same

1. Wireless to Wireless voice issues 

2. Voice Break Up (Whilst Roaming)

Does anyone have a best practices guide to voice settings on the 5508 controllers?

I have quite a dense install of access points that we have now upgraded to 3702i   I have run the wireless config analyzer, the output is attached.

thanks

nev 

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

2. Voice Break Up (Whilst Roaming)

See if there are any improvements if you force the handsets to operate in 802.11b radio.

I forced the handsets to operate in 802.11a/g this has apparently eased the issues I was experiencing, but we will need to have the voice working 802.11a only.

You say that your deployment is "quite a dense install", however you need to make sure that the network has been optimized for VoWLAN usage. This means that at least a site survey should be conducted based on VoWLAN requirements. Has this already been done and what was the outcome?

You can provide the output of the "show wlan x" for the SSID which is being used for VoWLAN and "show advanced 802.11x txpower" for both 802.11a and 802.11b?

Last but not least, which client device is being used? (If Cisco, what is the phone load version?)

Please rate useful posts... :-)

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card