Views
Helpful
Replies

WLAN clients limit issue WLC code 8.2.111

Beacon Bits
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Every,

I'm wondering if anyone came across this issue as yet with new WLC code 8.2.111.

On our WLAN, It's limiting the clients to only 9 by generating the below error:

ewmwebWebauth1: Jul28 10:05:57.355: <mac-address> Added the MAC entry for Username entry (user1) in name table, length = 9 at index 4

Whereas the "Maximum allowed Clients" under the WLAN advanced setting is set to 0, 0 means no restriction on number of clients.

I changed this number to 20 and then 50 subsequently and see that clients start associated and then authenticated as well.

Furthermore, to overcome the issue we increased this number to 250 so meanwhile we investigate the issue but in increasing to 250 it stared generating the same above error.

Any Suggestion would be appreciated whether this is a known bug in new code or any hot fixes available.

Regards,

B

2 Replies 2

Beacon Bits
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Beacon,

Please check first under the global "Security -> AAA -> User Login Policies" that what is the " Max Concurrent Logins for a user name" has been set. This setting from 0 (no limit) to 8 (no. of logins with same username). This setting applies globally to all WLANs. 

It could cause a direct affect to number of logins can be logged in across the WLC's configured WLANs/ SSIDs.

I'll explain below with the help of an example:

Example:

Imagine an AD or local user (user1) and "Max Concurrent Logins for a user name = 3".

Now user1 can login from three different devices but fourth login from user1 cannot be authenticated but would be associated (with an IP address)

But here is the caveat: 

If you change the user1's combination to User1 or uSER1 or uSeR1 and so on then you can have many authenticated devices using only one login, the rest you can do the maths.

Hopefully I answered my own question correct. 

Good luck :)

Regards,

B

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card