cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WlanPoller misidentifying 2802i?

perrymcgrew
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying a testrun of WlanPoller to preload an 2802i AP connected to a 5508 with IOS-XE code in preparation to move over to 9800-L.

The %apimage% is being substituted with wrong image name.   Somehow it's trying to load x700 image instead of the ap3g3 firmware.  No idea where it is picking up this image name.  

The logs show: 

<run timestamp='2023-07-21T13:48:15.109089' device='cos' hostname='HER-04-AP-01' model='AIR-AP2802I-B-K9' version='8.5.182.104'>
<cmd string=''>

HER-04-AP-01#
</cmd>

<cmd string=''>

HER-04-AP-01#
</cmd>

<cmd string='show clock'>
show clock
*17:48:21 UTC Fri Jul 21 2023

HER-04-AP-01#
</cmd>

<cmd string='archive download-sw /no-reload tftp://192.168.40.98/ap3g2'>
archive download-sw /no-reload tftp://192.168.40.98/ap3g2

%Error opening tftp://192.168.40.98/ap3g2 (Error 68: No such file or directory)
Image transfer failed

3 Replies 3

faulknerehman
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I can see your post as per my experience i give you some details please follow step by step all details see below.

To resolve this issue, you need to ensure that you are using the correct image name for the AIR-AP2802I-B-K9 access point model. The correct image name for the 2802i access point is usually in the format "ap3g3-k9w8-tar.XX.XX.tar" (where XX.XX represents the version number). Double-check the correct image name for the IOS-XE firmware that you want to preload onto the access point.

Once you have the correct image name, modify the "archive download-sw" command accordingly. For example:
archive download-sw /no-reload tftp://192.168.40.98/ap3g3-k9w8-tar.XX.XX.tar

Make sure that the TFTP server at 192.168.40.98 has the correct image file (ap3g3-k9w8-tar.XX.XX.tar) in the root directory or the directory specified for TFTP file transfers.

Also, ensure that the access point's configuration allows for TFTP transfers and that any firewall or access control list is not blocking the TFTP communication between the access point and the TFTP server.

I hope my suggestion is work for you.

If any problem please tell me.

One more think if it's work please select as best answer.

Pickleball Grips

Best regard,
Pickleball Grips

Thanks. I have the correct 2802i AP firmware in the directory that the TFTP is looking at.  I am testing this utility against a single AP -- which is a 2802i.  The utility is supposed to query the AP and substitute the correct firmware image in the %apimage% variable.   I can't see or figure out why it substituted ap3g2 - which is 3700 series image name -- for the 2802.  It should be using ap3g3.   The ap3g2 image does not exist in the directory

- Perry.  

perrymcgrew
Level 1
Level 1

Update.  In the cmdlist_cos.txt file I tried replacing the %apimage% with ap3g3 and ran the wlanpoller.exe and it appears to have worked.   The log showed the following:

<run timestamp='2023-07-24T12:02:34.199722' device='cos' hostname='HER-04-AP-01' model='AIR-AP2802I-B-K9' version='8.5.182.104'>
<cmd string=''>

HER-04-AP-01#
</cmd>

<cmd string=''>

HER-04-AP-01#
</cmd>

<cmd string='show clock'>
show clock
*16:02:40 UTC Mon Jul 24 2023

HER-04-AP-01#
</cmd>

<cmd string='archive download-sw /no-reload tftp://192.168.40.98/ap3g3'>
archive download-sw /no-reload tftp://192.168.40.98/ap3g3

1.1%
#                                                                           2.4%
##                                                                          3.7%
###                                                                         5.0%
####                                                                       D6.4%
#####                                                                       7.7%
######                                                                      9.1%
#######                                                                    10.4%
########                                                                   11.7%
#########                                                                  13.1%
##########                                                                 14.4%
###########                                                                15.8%
############                                                               17.1%
#############                                                              18.5%
##############                                                             19.9%
###############                                                            21.2%
################                                                           22.6%
#################                                                          24.0%
##################                                                         25.3%
###################                                                        26.7%
####################                                                       27.9%
#####################                                                      29.2%
######################                                                     30.6%
#######################                                                    31.8%
########################                                                   32.9%
########################                                                   34.2%
#########################                                                  35.6%
###########################                                                37.0%
###########################                                                38.3%
############################                                               39.7%
#############################                                              41.0%
##############################                                             42.4%
###############################                                            43.7%
################################                                           45.1%
#################################                                          46.5%
##################################                                         47.9%
####################################                                       49.4%
#####################################                                      50.7%
#####################################                                      52.0%
######################################                                     53.4%
#######################################                                    54.7%
########################################                                   56.1%
#########################################                                  57.4%
##########################################                                 58.7%
###########################################                                60.0%
############################################                               61.3%
#############################################                              62.7%
##############################################                             64.0%
###############################################                            65.3%
################################################                           66.7%
#################################################                          68.1%
##################################################                         69.5%
###################################################                        70.8%
####################################################                       72.2%
#####################################################                      73.6%
######################################################                     74.9%
#######################################################                    76.3%
########################################################                   77.6%
#########################################################                  79.0%
##########################################################                 80.4%
###########################################################                81.7%
############################################################               83.1%
#############################################################              84.5%
##############################################################             85.8%
###############################################################            87.1%
################################################################           88.4%
#################################################################          89.7%
##################################################################         91.1%
###################################################################        92.4%
####################################################################       93.8%
#####################################################################      95.1%
######################################################################     96.5%
#######################################################################    97.8%
########################################################################   99.2%
######################################################################### 100.0%
Image downloaded, writing to flash...
do PREDOWNLOAD, part2 is active part
Image signing verify success.

[
7/24/2023 16:3:51] Programming master with bundle version 146Programming master with bundle version 146Magic             : 62 6F 6F 74 69 6E 66 6F 
Master:
Version           : 0x0146
Source            : bundle
Retry             : 0x1
Timestamp         : 1690214570
Shadow:
Version           : 0x0124
Source            : flash
Retry             : 0x1
Timestamp         : 1545994968
Blacklisted:
Version           : 0x0000
Source            : unknown

[7/24/2023 16:4:9] Master now upgradedMaster now upgradedupgrade.sh: part to upgrade is part1
upgrade.sh: Writing image to disk...
sh: 0: unknown operand
upgrade.sh: AP backup version: 17.11.0.155
do ACTIVATE, part2 is active part
upgrade.sh: activate part1, set BOOT to part1
upgrade.sh: AP primary version: 17.11.0.155
upgrade.sh: AP backup version: 8.5.182.104
Archive done.

HER-04-AP-01#
</cmd>

</run>

The 5508 still showed the AP was loaded with 8.5.182.104.  I tried the usual WLC commands to try and verify that the IOS-XE code was preloaded, but it couldn't get it to show.  When I flipped the AP over to the 9800LF, it joined quickly.  It looks like it only took the 1 reboot to join the 9800L.  

I am preparing to run this against my 181 2802i APs .  Has anyone run into any issues with this wlanpoller?  

Thx

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card