Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 2100 support for iPhone and Android

lpmatos
Level 1
Level 1

I fellows,

I've a customer that have a WLC 2100 and he like to connect iPhone's and Android's to is wireless system.

Anyone knows if this is possible?

What's the version that support this?

Best regards,

Luis Matos

6 Replies 6

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes it is possible.  there is no minimum software requirement for any type of client to connect.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your answer.

I've opened this post because the customer tried to connect and it was unable to do it.

Any tips?

Best Regards,

LM

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is the WLC configured right? If other devices can connect, then there should be no issue with these other devices. You will need to provide us the show run-config and the debug of the client.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your answer.

The configuration could be the point, no doubt, but for now, I don't have the configuration, but i'll inform the customer that there's no constrains about the iPhone and Android system, and i'll recommend him to check is configuration again.

I'll ask the customer to send me the show config and i'll post it here.

Best Regards,

LM.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please do post the config and also ask how they are setting up the iPhones or iPads. Coverage is not an issue correct?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I've just sent an email to the customer asking the configuration.

I think the coverage was not the problem.

Thank you,

LM

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: