WLC 2504 and CTVM different behavior !

Murad*
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 WLC

1st one is 2504 

2nd one is CTVM 

my problem now is :

in 2504 i have 11 as management Dhcp VLAN with range of ip , and i have SSID (name:SOFT) on vlan 15 and its with DHCP also , and this vlan (15) with internet service , the APs took his MGMT ip from vlan 11(native vlan on switchs interface)  , and if any client connect to SOFT ssid take MGMT ip from vlan 15 , and every thing working normally ,

but in CTVM i have also 2 vlan , 1st one to management 77 and its DHCP vlan , and the other one is 88 for SSID (name:BOX) and with DHCP too , the problem that i faced it now , the AP that joined with CTVM didn't broadcast the SSID till i change the mode of AP&WLAN to flex-connect mode , and when i doing that the client that joined wit BOX SSID took IP from vlan 77 !!

and this vlan just for MGMT and its without any service , and you can notice i connected with SSID that interface its on vlan 88 !!

here i touch the different , so i push internet service on vlan 77 and the ssid work , but i didn't understand this behavior and what it be like that ??

can any one explain this?!

and if i want to broadcast another SSID on another VLAN what i do ?!!

thanks 

3 Replies 3

"AP that joined with CTVM didn't broadcast the SSID till i change the mode of AP&WLAN to flex-connect mode , and when i doing that the client that joined wit BOX SSID took IP from vlan 77 "

This is normal behavior, vWLC only support FlexConnect mode APs.

You can enable FlexConnect Local Switching, in order to terminate SSID traffic to required vlan (88 in this case). Look at below post for configuration details

https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless-mobility-documents/wireless-lan-flexconnect-configuration-example/ta-p/3112924

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

ok , i doing this ( VLAN mapping ) and the client took ip from service vlan , but with not any service !!
and when i ping 8.8.8.8 this message appear ( no route to host ) do you i need NAT/PAT or something else ?

ok , i doing this ( VLAN mapping ) and the client took ip from service vlan , but with not any service !!
and when i ping 8.8.8.8 this message appear ( no route to host ) do you i need NAT/PAT or something else ?
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card