Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 2504 Base-Ap-Count License evaluation license in HA N+1

hhakimi
Level 1
Level 1

Can some one help me in HA N+1 for wlc 2504

I have Base-Ap-cout license for 75 APs which is inactive. can i use this licence for 75 Licence for secondary Redundancy WLC. Thanks. 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As I understand, you dont have AP license on secondary WLC. correct ?

Info: Starting with 7.6, you can convert 2504 WLC to an HA SKU(activation of 75 AP license) and vice versa. It does not need to have a minimum AP licenses. In that case you can use the one controller from the bundle to convert it in HA, under "Standby Controller Licensing":

Login to secondary WLC: Controller > General > Enable the HA SKU secondary unit check box

it will activate 75 AP licens eon 2nd WLC . so in case primary is down then all AP= can connetc to 2nd WLC for 90 days.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

in N+1 you dont need any cable connection between WLCs and 2504 dont have redundency port.

Regards

Dont forget to arte helpful posts

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
If your other 2504 controller is an ha-sku, you don’t need licensing, you only need to enable the device as a secondary unit.  If you want to use this controller as a standalone and it is an ha-sku, you will not be able to as the ha-sku units can’t have licensing installed.

For N+1, there are many guides, blogs and videos out there showing you what to do.  Just search for WLC N+1 configuration.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As I understand, you dont have AP license on secondary WLC. correct ?

Info: Starting with 7.6, you can convert 2504 WLC to an HA SKU(activation of 75 AP license) and vice versa. It does not need to have a minimum AP licenses. In that case you can use the one controller from the bundle to convert it in HA, under "Standby Controller Licensing":

Login to secondary WLC: Controller > General > Enable the HA SKU secondary unit check box

it will activate 75 AP licens eon 2nd WLC . so in case primary is down then all AP= can connetc to 2nd WLC for 90 days.

Regards

Dear Sandeep,
Thanks you so much for quick reply, could you please help me which physical redundancy port I should use for Primary and secondary. WLC 2504? Thanks.

in N+1 , you dont connect to connect both WLCs.

Configure both WLC seperately...

here is the my post about it:

https://rscciew.wordpress.com/2014/06/07/n1-high-availability-configuration-on-cisco-2504wlc/

Regards

Dear Sandeep,

Thanks you so much, My question is about the cable connection between these 2 controllers with newer model there is redundancy ports but in 2504 there is no redundancy ports. waiting for kind reply, 

in N+1 you dont need any cable connection between WLCs and 2504 dont have redundency port.

Regards

Thank you so much for all support

Dear Sandeep,

Could you please do one more favor, I set up HA for WLC 2504 though still I did not connected in life environment but in my small lap showing every thing fine ping is successful between ., but in Mobility group members  showing control path down both but the date path fine. Also I am confused if global configuration is correct or not.  please see the attached. thanks waiting for kind reply.

Global config is ok.

Regarding mobility group control/data path...

Question: is there any firewall between ? if yes then open the required ports..

chekc my post about mobility groups..

https://rscciew.wordpress.com/2014/07/10/mobility-configuring-on-wlc/

solution you can try:

1. https://www.iannoble.co.uk/wlc-control-path-down-on-a-cisco-wifi-mobility-group/

2. Delete the mobility group from both WLC's and add it back on

3. save the conifg and reload  WLCs...  Sometimes it works.

Regards

Hi.
There is firewall between. Also I deleted it and reconfigured it but still same .

Thanks waiting for your kind reply

Sorry there is no firewall 

did you check the eping and mping results ?

are you using anchor/foreign setup ?

Hi Sandeep,

Wish you had good weekend,

eping and mping result success and about archer / forginer . we are not using Anchor.

Can I have you email to send you the Team Viewer ID and password.

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-27 at 4.17.39 PM.jpeg

please see the image & how to fix it.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card