cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 3504 and NAT Address Setting

hamilton-i
Level 1
Level 1

I have a WLC 3504, with connecting AP2802 & OEAP1810 access points. The office based AP2802 connect to the WLC fine but the external OEAP1810 will not connect. After doing some research I found that the NAT address had to be set on the WLC management interface. Once the NAT is addedd the OEAP1810 connects fine. But this has caused another issue where if I try and add a new AP2802 or if an existing AP2802 resets, both will not connect to the WLC as they are trying to contact the NAT address rather than the LAN Interface address. Removing the NAT address then resolves the issue and the AP2802's will connect again but the OEAP1810 then drops from the WLC. I have carried out extensive research on this but can't find any resolution for it. Does anyone know how to get around this issue as it's really frustrating? Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jay Vivas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to use the command "config network ap-discovery nat-ip-only disable" so that the WLC will send both the NAT IP and the private IP in the CAPWAP discovery response.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jay Vivas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to use the command "config network ap-discovery nat-ip-only disable" so that the WLC will send both the NAT IP and the private IP in the CAPWAP discovery response.

Hi Jay, 

Thank you for the reply. I will try that and test it out. Cheers.

Worked perfectly. Thank you 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card