cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 4402 and 1510's

rgnelson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all, I looking to clarify the below items. If these are in fact not an issue, can you point me to documentation that supports this type of config or shows what the WLC/AP's do in a timeout event? I'm having trouble nailing it down on cisco.com.

1) Does the 1510 controlled by a WLC 4402 allow for a bridging configuration? This would be a point to point link of less than 2 miles with the 2.4 radio used for parking lot access.

2) In the above configuration what happens to the point to point link if either of the 1510's lose communication to the WLC? Do the links stay up or does it drop after a 'heartbeat' timeout? My local SE has told me one thing and our partner has said another. The partner seems to believe it will timeout, reboot looking for the controller and of course drop the link.

Thanks again!

Ryan

1 Reply 1

bsigmund
Level 1
Level 1

The 1510s are fully meshed and support P to P links via the "a" radio and client access via the "b" radio. The answer to your second question is "it depends on your config" Mine are configed as centrally switched rather than local, which means if the link is down access is down, then they reboot and look for the controller after a time out. If you choose locally switched, (supposedly, according to the docs) they will stay up with all authenticated users still connected, but unable to auth anyone new.

Hope this helps,

Bill Sigmund

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card