Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 4402 with blackberry 9360 wireless

zeuscyril
Level 4
Level 4

hi all,

i am having cisco 4402 wirless lan controller and 1142N LWAPP access points.

and my WLC version is 7.0.240 that is the latest of this controller.

my issue is i am trying to connect blackberry 9360 mobile to connect the wireless but the mobile not able to get the ip address not only blackberry and also tried with samsung duo mobile the same.

when is see the client status it showing the mac address of the mobile but AUT is showing NO. 

is there any settings i need to change in the security side or it is the compatablity issue.

i tried all kind security methods in wireless.please give me the direction to find the solution.

thanks

cyril

6 Replies 6

kcnajaf
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Cyril,

First question would whether your able to connected to same SSID with any other device other than the device which you have mentioned?

What authetication are you currently using?

Could you please share the below out from controller "show wlan (where wlan id# is the number of the problem ssid)

Regards

Najaf

Please rate when applicable or helpful !!!

i am able to connect the laptops there is no issues.

i have only one SSID .

mobiles only has problem and i am using WPA+WPA2 with aes & tkip.

thanks

cyril

You shouldn't use both, either use WPA/TKIP or WPA2/AES and don't mix and match either.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

hi scott,

i tried all different kind of options but none of them was working . this is final which i enabled.

is there any controller version making this issue because in the software release notes  i cant see anything related to phones for 4402 controller with 7.0.240 which is latest in that model..

thanks

cyril

Hi Cyril,

Like Scott said can you remove the WPA/TKIP compination and keep only WPA2/AES. Also as i requested before could you please share the below output

show wlan (where wlan id# is the number of the problem ssid)

debug client (when the problem device try to connect to wireless network.

Regards

Najaf

Please rate when applicable or helpful !!!

blenka
Level 3
Level 3

Normally the problem should be the authentication/encryption type you are using in the controller might not be compatible with mobile. (you please test it as if you are using WPA-2 personal, enterprise or etc…). please find the link below for refrence to configure the controller.

https://devconnect.avaya.com/public/download/interop/Csco_WLC_dot1x.pdf

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card