Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 8.2 and 8.3 code equivalency

Hi,

I've heard that 8.2.151.0 is a decent code for the 2802 series access points, however is there an equivalent code in the 8.3 train that contains all the bug fixes for the 8.2.151.0 code? The latest one I can see at this moment is 8.3.121.0.

Br

//Peter 

3 Replies 3

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Peter

It is, more or less, that one. The 8.2.151.0 was released ~3 weeks later, so there is a chance that it contains a few more fixed bugs as the 8.3.121.0.

I'm running 8.2.151.0 here with 2802 and it runs very nice. I only had one Intel 3165 client recently, which was completely unable to get decent speeds. I don't know in that case if it is the Intel at fault or the 2802, but based on Intels bad driver history, my bet is going for Intels fault.

Anyway, I didn't have any other users complain so far and I'm running it since around 6 - 8 weeks. Then again, I have the new APs only in a few places rolled out yet.

After attending Cisco Live in Las Vegas I found my awnser, 8.2.151.0 contians ~20 bug fixes not present in 8.3.121.0. Next code-releases in 8.2 and 8.3 should equivalanet regardings bugfixes.

Br

//Peter

Thanks for confirmin this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card