Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 9800 Dashboard and reporting without DNA Center

thepul2000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

If Cisco 9800-L Hardware appliance purchased with DNA Essential license (DNA Center not purchased) 

1. What are the available dashboard monitoring, real time statistics  ?
2. What are the reports available in HTML or CSV format  ?
3. What are the security reports available  ?

Appreciate if you can share the link of documentary proof.

Thanks

Thepul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @thepul2000 

Any Cisco WLC have  dashboard with real time statistics but none of them will have reports. This information can not be exported.

The reason for that is simple. The WLC does not aim to be a network management device and for that already exist Cisco Prime and DNAC. But, it does not need to be a Cisco management tool. You can integrate the WLC with third party NMS and work with reports as you pleased.

I dont believe there will be a document stating that the WLC does not have reports but you can check by youself by scheduling a session in Cisco dCloud and handle a real WLC to check this.

https://dcloud2-lon.cisco.com/content/demo/477341?returnPathTitleKey=content-view

FlavioMiranda_2-1689154024245.png

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Hi @thepul2000 

Any Cisco WLC have  dashboard with real time statistics but none of them will have reports. This information can not be exported.

The reason for that is simple. The WLC does not aim to be a network management device and for that already exist Cisco Prime and DNAC. But, it does not need to be a Cisco management tool. You can integrate the WLC with third party NMS and work with reports as you pleased.

I dont believe there will be a document stating that the WLC does not have reports but you can check by youself by scheduling a session in Cisco dCloud and handle a real WLC to check this.

https://dcloud2-lon.cisco.com/content/demo/477341?returnPathTitleKey=content-view

FlavioMiranda_2-1689154024245.png

thepul2000
Level 1
Level 1

@Flavio Miranda Thank you very much. I will schedule a dcloud. Is there any document which shows the available statistics/metrics available on 9800 GUI ?

Thanks

Thepul

I dont believe so. How wlc calculate KPIs? This information is very hard to find.

The place you should go would be the configuration guide but probably will not be there.

thepul2000
Level 1
Level 1

@Flavio Miranda I have another question. Is DNA Center cloud is available for 9800 WLC ? 

Do you mean if you can join the WLC 9800 in the DNAC cloud?

Yes. Since DNA Essential is mandatory, using that license can WLC 9800 and 9100 APs join to DNAC cloud ?

For Fabric/automation  you need advanced license. For assurance only Essential should be fine.

FlavioMiranda_0-1689167902163.png

ok. is DNAC available on cloud for wireless ? 

Cisco retired the DNA Center Cloud product:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/obsolete/cloud-systems-management/cisco-dna-center-cloud.html

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card