cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 9800-L - WLC MAC stopped learning on switch end.

dinesh-sekar2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

We have setup for WLC 9800-L with HA pair. Intermittently MAC stopped learning at switch end. After bounce the port on switch end, it's come to online.

We have tried with shutdown the standby WLC , still issue persist.

13 Replies 13

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Does this have an impact on the  WLC 9800-L controller (HA) functionality and or the wireless environment ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

dinesh-sekar2
Level 1
Level 1

User won't impact since all the WAPs are in flex mode. but we are getting alerts once WLC stopped working.

-  What are those alerts ? 
       - How do you define :  WLC stopped working ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

WLC MAC address stopped learning on switch end, but the interface showing UP. 

- Examine the logs on the controller with the (CLI) command : show logging
  + Have a checkup of the (primary) controller configuration with the CLI command show tech wireless
    and feed the output from that into : Wireless Config Analyzer
    do not use simple : show tech as input for this procedure
  + What software version is the 9800-L controller running ?

M.

Cisco Catalyst 9800-L Wireless Controller

> Cisco Catalyst 9800-L Wireless Controller

- That version is very old , upgrade to 17.12.3

M.

From both wlc

Administration >device > redundacy 

Also share show mac in SW

MHM

dineshsekar2_0-1722280250355.png

after bounced the ports, it's learning MAC address now.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the WLC are in an HA SSO, perform a failover.

dinesh-sekar2
Level 1
Level 1

currently, we have shut the standby and keep it active in online 

dinesh-sekar2
Level 1
Level 1

could anybody please share, how to verify the logs on 9800 WLC Controller related issues ?

- You can check logs on the 9800 WLC with the CLI command show logging

M.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card