Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC authorisation logs

voval
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Im working currently with WLC 2504 running version 8.0.110.0. I configure new SSID that working with RADIUS.

I want to map user-id to IP on my firewall (Paloalto). I found few documents (https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Integration-Articles/Use-Syslog-Receiver-to-Integrate-with-Cisco-Wireless-Controller/ta-p/52824) describing how to do it with SNMP traps that converting it to syslog and forwarding to firewall, i have to admit that i dont like the idea to have another server in the middle.

I found that its possible to run the following commands in order to generate a syslog:

config logging syslog facility client authentication

config logging syslog facility client associate

After running the commands i can see the logs

WLC_NAME: *Dot1x_NW_MsgTask_2: Feb 08 14:38:49.791: #APF-3-AUTHENTICATION_TRAP: apf_80211.c:15520 Client Authenticated: MACAddress:18:65:90:48:e0:3a Base Radio MAC:0c:68:03:2c:fc:d0 Slot:1 User Name:MYUSERNAME Ip Address:192.168.237.101 SSID:MYSSID

I configured to send it to Paloalto but i cant configure the receiver correctly. (based on this article: https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Integration-Articles/Use-Syslog-Receiver-to-Integrate-with-Cisco-Wireless-Controller/ta-p/52824)

I wonder if someone ever did it and it worked? Any help will be appreciated 

1 Reply 1

PERI_Admin
Level 1
Level 1

I know that your question is two years old but we did a similar setup the last weeks. So let me point out how it's working for us. We use PAN-OS 8.1.9.

The following command on WLC is everything you need:

logging syslog facility client associate enable

After that configure Palo Alto firewall as syslog server on WLC.

On Palo Alto firewall you should create a Syslog Parse Profile with the following entries:

Palo_Alto_Parse.png

Basically that's everything you need to get it running.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card